Spring roll bowls with sweet garlic lime sauce
spring roll bowls with sweet garlic lime sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup agave or brown sugar
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Rice Noodles
- Basil, Mint, and Cilantro (plz use all three – they’re so good together!)
- Serrano Peppers
- Chopped Peanuts
- Veggies –> like carrots, bell peppers, and cucumbers
- Protein –> like shrimp, tofu, chicken (optional)
- SAUCE PREP: Pulse the sauce ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
- NOODLE PREP: Cook your rice noodles by soaking them in cold water for about 30 minutes. When they’re softened, transfer to a pot of boiling water for just a minute or two before quickly draining again. *This is my preferred method because it prevents them from getting overly sticky.*
- VEG PREP: Mince the herbs, slice the serranos, and peel or julienne cut the vegetables.
- BOWL PREP: Toss the noodles (hot or cold! your choice, friend) with the sweet garlic lime sauce and all the other ingredients.
7 OUNCES OF RICE NOODLES WAS JUST ABOUT PERFECT FOR THIS AMOUNT OF SAUCE! 😀 (that’s half a box)
Fish sauce smells bad. Don’t sniff it, and/or don’t be deterred when you inevitably sniff it on accident. It is SO delicious with all those other flavors and there is really no good substitute unless you make your own vegan-type-fish-sauce.
Nutrition facts are for 4 servings including sauce and 7 ounces rice noodles. I didn’t add any other ingredients because it will depend on what you make it with.
you can find this…http://pinchofyum.com/spring-roll-bowls
Be Sociable, Share!