Spiced Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Great for a healthy side on Thanksgiving!
- 4 large sweet potatoes (3 1/2 lbs total)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Bake the sweet potatoes in a 425°F oven until they are soft, about 70 minutes. Remove sweet potatoes from oven and allow them to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, and chili powder.
- Scoop out the insides of sweet potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl. Pour orange juice mixture over sweet potatoes, mash well, and serve.