Healthy Fried Rice with Kale, Garic, and Chilli
Healthy Fried Rice with Kale, Garlic & Chilli
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups kale, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp vegetable/coconut oil
- 1-2 organic, free range eggs (optional)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Cook the brown rice according to instructions, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onions, stirring until soft and translucent (4-5 minutes). Add garlic and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the kale and stir until wilted.
- Add the rice and cook for another two minutes, stirring.
- At this stage, you may choose to add 1-2 organic eggs. If so, crack two eggs into a separate bowl and then add to rice. Stirring the egg through the mixture until completely cooked.
- Add the tamari and cook for another minute. Divide into two bowls and serve.
- Pre-cooked rice can be found in most supermarkets and makes for an even quicker meal!
Healthy Fried Rice
Be Sociable, Share!