Garlic, Sausage, and Kale Naan Pizza
Easy, quick, and healthy weekday dinner
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 12 ounces 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 8 cups lightly packed prechopped kale or baby kale
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Champagne Vinegar 6.8 Fl Oz
- 2 8-inch whole-grain naan breads (see Tips) or whole-wheat pitas
- ¾ cup mini mozzarella balls, such as mozzarella “pearls” (see Tips)
Active 20 m
- Ready In 20 m
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to high.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil, garlic and crushed red pepper in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. As soon as the garlic starts to sizzle, add turkey, fennel seeds, paprika and ⅛ teaspoon salt. Cook, breaking up the turkey with a wooden spoon, until it is almost cooked, 2 to 3 minutes. Add kale, vinegar and the remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, until the kale is wilted and the turkey is no longer pink, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Place naan (or pitas) on a large baking sheet and brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Top with equal portions of the turkey mixture and mozzarella.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and the edges are starting to brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Cut in half.
Be Sociable, Share!