Easy Healthy Green Goddess Dressing
Easy Green Goddess Dressing
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 ¼ cups 1x
- Category: Salad dressing
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
This homemade green goddess dressing recipe is so easy to make! It’s creamy, fresh, completely delicious—and a great way to use up your leafy herbs. Recipe yields about 1 ¼ cups dressing; multiply if desired.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, preferably full-fat (made with whole milk)
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh herbs (tender stems are fine): use cilantro, parsley, dill, basil and/or mint, with up to ¼ cup chives or green onion (sliced into ½″ segments)
- Optional: Up to 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 medium clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth and green, with tiny flecks of herbs.
- Taste, and add more salt or pepper if desired. Use as desired, or cover and refrigerate for later. This dressing will keep well in the fridge for 5 to 7 days.
MAKE IT VEGAN: Make my tahini dressing in a food processor, adding the herbs suggested above (same quantity).
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT: A small to medium-sized food processor is perfect for making this dressing, such as this 11-cup Cuisinart (affiliate link). Or make it in a blender—you’ll likely need to double the recipe to gain enough traction. As a last resort, you could finely chop all of the ingredients by hand.
To read the full article and get serving suggestion ideas for the dressing go to:
Be Sociable, Share!