Answer: It takes approximately 12 hours for a dotFIT multivitamin to release all of its contents throughout the digestive tract, allowing a greater window for absorption and nutrient delivery to the body’s cells than some brands. This type of delivery allows a continuous flow of nutrients into the cells so that the cell’s components have everything they need throughout the day to function at its highest potential.
Most mass market vitamin and mineral formulas don’t use delivery systems based on the increased cost of manufacturing and the fact that their products must be price competitive. Therefore they release their entire contents almost immediately following ingestion, which overwhelms the cells’ ability to absorb and utilize the nutrients thus the body must eliminate the excess. A continuous supply of vitamins and minerals may help cells function at an optimal level all day, every day, but once the excess has been eliminated, that potential no longer exists.
Products are designed with customized “controlled-release delivery systems”. These are established by each ingredient’s desired target tissues and the amounts required in specific time periods in order to deliver on the product claims. In other words, the controlled release validates that the right ingredients and amounts get to the right places at the right times.
- Finished products are tested in a simulated human digestive system to validate that release patterns match their respective designed criteria to assure the desired results
- Dietary supplement products and powders are manufactured in a FDA registered pharmaceutical facility, in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Ingredient testing for purity, potency & delivery from raw materials to finished product
- Rigorous testing of the final product, both in-house and through third-party FDA approved laboratories, assures users that all nutritional claims meet or surpass FDA guidelines, USDA guidelines, and industry norms
- All formulas must be able to work in synergy with other dotFIT products in order to avoid nutrient overages, which are common with typical indiscriminate supplement use
The dotFIT program considers diet, medications, and other dotFIT products before a personalized dietary supplement recommendation is generated. This helps to assure that the user remains in a safe and optimal nutrient range throughout the day.